What We Do
What We Do
Free telephone advice and updates on any industrial relations issues, including interpretation of awards, industrial legislation and employment procedures.
Negotiations with the PSAQ & interstate employer associations regarding those matters.
Industrial Commission Hearings
Standing up for real estate employers in relation to industrial matters.
Employent Agreement Registration
Register employment agreements and have them reviewed by industry experts.
REEA is presided over by a management committee comprising eight employer representatives from the real estate industry plus the Secretary/Treasurer, an industrial relations consultant who has represented real estate employers, and REEA, since 1992.
REEA's committee meets regularly and deals with the following issues:
- the industrial needs of real estate employers in Queensland.
- policy in relation to industrial matters generally
- operation of awards and/or changes thereto.
- negotiations with the PSAQ & interstate employer associations regarding those matters.
- Industrial Commission hearings.
A secretariat, operated by REEA Secretary/Treasurer Bruce Siebenhausen, is available to members (but only members), to provide the following services:
- Free telephone advice on any industrial relations issues, including interpretation of awards and industrial legislation.
- Free telephone advice on staff engagement and dismissal procedures.
- Free regular updates on industrial matters including changes to awards and legislation.